This is a paperless application. Please submit your application and resume as a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday. If you have questions, contact Elspeth at email@example.com.
Major or Potential Major:
Do you plan to study abroad during the 2009/2010 academic year?
If Yes, indicate which semester you will be abroad:
Please include your current resume.
From the following nine questions, pick six and write a short answer for each one:
1. Imagine you are planning a large scale Greenhouse sponsored event. What is the event? What are your goals for the event? What steps will you take to accomplish these goals?All current residents of the Greenhouse who wish to be considered for residency next year must reapply. Their applications must address the following additional questions:
2. If you could make one change to Sewanee, what would it be?
3. Tell us about the development of your environmental ethic. What changes have you made in your daily life in order to live according to this ethic?
4. As a member of the Greenhouse, what challenges do you think you might face?
5. Do you consider yourself an environmentalist? Justify your answer.
6. Tell us about a time in which you had a falling out with someone and describe how you overcame the problem.
7. What are your interests outside of environmental issues?
8. What do you see as the role of the Greenhouse? What do you think its role should be?
9. Write your own thought provoking question and answer it.
Consider the past year in the Greenhouse:
1. What did you accomplish, both independently and as part of the community? How were you a leader?
2. How have you benefited from this experience?
3. What have been your greatest challenges as a Greenhouse resident?
4. What do you want to change in regards to your role in the house?
5. Regarding the changes you noted in question four, how will you enact those changes?