Katie talked to Dr Smith about the garden. He wants to use some of the garden for his class. But not all of it. He wants to leave our plots and our raised beds, but use the rest of the empty space for his class. They’re going to fix up the greenhouse, expand the pavilion, build a fire pit, and other awesome things.
Garden here: spiral herb garden! Build it soon, so we can plant it in the spring. But there’s not much sun there. It does get afternoon sun, though, so it’d probably be fine. Callie will research. Start building 2nd week of February? Feb 7.
Garden managers meeting to set garden hours. Finish raised beds and get them filled before it gets warm. Start seed babies.
GH family time Thursday 5-7.
Saturdays=standing date at the Grundy County Food Bank. Thursday is the day they need us more, but it’s harder for us to get there then. Callie and Sean perhaps go? Carson and Katie on Mondays?
April is working on the calendar.
Carson is setting up dinner with the VC.
Carson is working on a proposal for Sandor Katz to come.
SMB this weekend. Carson invited 35 people: EMTs plus Earthkeepers. 9:30 AM. Carson needs to know how many people to plan for.
Hedwig got out 3x today. Thus, we should no longer put her in the tractor, which apparently is not hard to escape from.
What was the craziest thing you saw this weekend?
- Katie saw the chickens fighting and almost took out a bunch of Fijis with her car. Also, she saw some guy dancing shirtless on a table. He fell off.
- Callie hid from her entire sorority in order to compost.
- Carson also almost took out a bunch of Fijis with his car and wound up further from the road than he had intended.
- Deanna had a positive contra dancing experience.
- Kate escaped.
- Sean escaped with fish. And was mistaken for Bacchus.
- Rowan saw some lawyer handing out his business cards to frat boys “in case they need help.”
- April got kicked out of the weight room.
The Songs of Trees: airwaves
2 months ago