Friday, January 30, 2009

Walking with camels

Hey everyone,

I'm now back at home getting ready to leave, but I thought I would share a side adventure I had while in Massachusetts. I volunteered for Heifer International, the greatest NGO ever, which was only a half hour away from the other farm I was staying on (what a coincidence). There were a dozen volunteers and we were put to work doing everything from chopping firewood to processing turkeys to (my favorite) walking the camel Abu. There were other exotic animals like water buffalo, a zebu, llamas and alpacas, and some yaks, as well as a donkey named Chester, goats, chickens, sheep, heifers, guinea pigs, and rabbits. They have a global village that has houses from around the world, built with materials from their area- like a bamboo house from Thailand, a log house from Poland, yerts, cement houses, adobe huts, and a trailer from Kentucky. It was so cool!

Here is a picture of me walking a camel:
There are more pictures on Snapfish. Here is the link if you are bored:

http://www2.snapfish.com/share/p=43821233601975166/l=463379184/g=122300380/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB



Peace!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.