Sunday, July 6, 2008

Eugene









I'm sending you all some of my favorite Eugene pictures. So far things here have been going pretty well. I do chemistry from 9-5 (I'm looking at procedures for removing sulfur from diesel fuel), and I try to explore the city when I'm free. I'm still trying to figure out where everything is and when it's open (summer time hours are weird everywhere). I did get to ride in the bike powered tent at the trials. I've also biked past a bunch of community gardens and a compost education center (which I plan to explore more soon). One picture below shows a river near campus-- notice the shopping cart in the middle :-)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Helen, that sounds (and looks) like a great place to be. Maybe Sewanee could use a few signs like this! Who are you working for there?

Elspeth said...

perhaps we could offer bicycle valet parking for the next Cravens or big event next fall?

Powered by Blogger.