Saturday, June 28, 2008

recycling plastic bottles

Hey, I just drew a blank on whether we can recycle plastic bottles with the caps on them or not... SO, I looked it up on the internet and found on that we can't. Most of you probably know this. This may be more for me. This means that all the bottles that are put into recycle bins with the caps still on are being thrown away, which is, of course, bad.

With all that said, I think that we should make a point to let the students at Sewanee know that because I doubt that everyone does... maybe they do? I'm not sure. I would hate for the bottles that could be recycled to be thrown away. Could we put signs on in front of the recycling bins?

1 comment:

Monica13 said...

No, I didn't know you couldn't recycle the bottles w/ the lids. Does that rule apply in all states 'cause I'm in Colorado? thanks for the info

Powered by Blogger.